Wednesday, August 13, 2008

News only a parent could get excited about

Today G wore underpants to school. About 6:00 P.M., as I was in the middle of an experiment, I got a text message from his mother informing me that he came home still wearing the same underpants, still clean. I commented on it, and my boss asks incredulously, "The preschool sends you announcements about this?"
I'm excited about this news, of course, but not half as excited as his mother is. I suspect this is partly because I really don't mind changing diapers much, but mostly it's because of the expense. And I don't just mean the expense of the diapers themselves - the cost of day care will go down significantly once G is potty trained. She's been trying to get him interested for at least a year now. Anyway, apparently the evening hasn't gone quite so well, but it's still a big day for G (or at least for his mother.)

1 comment:

The Cranes said...

Atom will be 4 in just 2 months and he shows NO interest. I would be VERY excited by such a thing, too. I don't mind changing diapers much, either, but don't like paying for them. And it's nice to know they are one big step closer to being an independent adult some day!