Sunday, June 19, 2011

My father is a pig with a hat on his head

It's been over a month since my last post, so I guess it's time to write another one. I won't even pretend that I remember everything that's happened during that time. There have been a few recent events of note, though. First is G's birthday - he's six years old now! Hard to believe. He's finishing Kindergarten this week. Here are some pictures from the family party we had for him on Sunday night the day before his actual birthday. They were taken on a cell phone camera so the quality isn't the greatest. (They would be even worse if I'd taken them with my phone.)

Today was Father's day, of course. G went to church with me so he could sing with the Primary. On the way home in the car he was telling me about what they did in sharing time. I don't pretend to have understood it - it involved two German doctors and some strange pictures that supposedly represented germs. Anyway, he got to pick one of the songs, not directly but by picking one of the pictures. I guess the doctors probably interpreted. He said he picked a picture of a pig with a hat on its head. I asked him what the song was, and he said he didn't remember but he thought it was a song about fathers. So I sang it for him:

My father is a pig with a hat on his head,
My father is a pig with a hat on his head,
My father is a pig with a hat on his head,
It's the strangest thing you'll ever see.

My father is a pig with a hat on his head,
My father is a pig with a hat on his head,
My father is a pig with a hat on his head,
The only thing sillier is me.

I finished up just as we were pulling into the driveway and he ran screaming to his mother.
I went inside and the first thing I saw was a plastic pig snout that he'd recently picked up at a birthday party. So I put it on and put a hat on my head and went to see him.
Here's a picture he took of me:
One last picture. This is from a different birthday party he went to recently. It was for a kid in his primary class. The invitation indicated a Star Wars theme, but not much more. So we were surprised when we got there to find a full scale carnival going on. This picture is of G with his face painted.

2 comments:

4boyzmdmom said...

Wow, they do really different things in their Primary than we do here! Thanks for the ideas...I have sharing time this week.... :)

RAQ said...

fun post!