Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Book fairs and pictures

This evening I got a text message from G's mother saying that she was at a book fair at the middle school and Curious George was there. So G and I hurried over. I got a picture with my new camera phone:

That's G's older brother D on the left. G may end up in the newspaper - a reporter was there and took a picture of him giving Curious George 5. G got his picture in the paper about 2 years ago at a book fair with Clifford. Here are G's big brothers M and D, actually looking at books. In this case its some sort of an encyclopedia of all things Pokemon, which from what I saw was probably the best seller at this book fair. D bought it.

I got the new camera phone in part because one of G's favorite things to do is look at pictures of his cousins on all the other family blogs, and I thought I ought to post more pictures of him in case some of his cousins like to do that, too. So here are a couple more. First, the Incredible Hulk gets ready for Halloween:

Finally, G and D swinging in the back yard:

As you can see, it's not a particularly good camera, but at least I (almost) always have it with me.

I took the day off from work today in order to fulfill an assignment working in the temple laundry in the morning. Because I needed to get to the temple by 8:00, I couldn't take G to preschool as usual. I told him last night that I wouldn't be taking him, and why, so this morning when his mother was explaining it to him he said, "Yes, I know. I want to go to the temple. Do they have rides there?"

2 comments:

Shellie said...

Hee hee! Rides! It'd keep a lot of people awake if they did. as for your questions on my last post, it is a real place, I don't remember exactly where, but I did it from pictures that I believe were in an Arizona Highways magazine.

RAQ said...

Our kids love to see photos of their cousins too! I can't wait to show them G with Curious George--a big favorite at our house! I wish they had massagers in the chairs at the temple but it wouldn't help me stay awake!