Sunday, October 5, 2008

Firetrucks

The Groton Fire Department had a safety fair this weekend, and as part of it they had all of their firetrucks out where the kids could see them. G is a big fan of trucks in general, and firetrucks in particular, so we went to see them. Here is G next to Engine #7.

We got matching Engine #7 tee shirts while we were there. Here is a picture of us later in the day wearing them. The color match seems much better than this is real life, I don't know what happened in this picture.
One more picture for today. This one is courtesy of G. I'm including it mostly so that someday, when he's a famous photographer, I can say I was the first person to publish one of his photos. (No, I don't have any reason to believe that he is likely to choose a career in photography. But you never know!) Anyway, I think this represents his view of the world whenever we go somewhere in the car.

For some reason I always seem to have G on General Conference weekends. If this continues, it will be a good thing when he's older and able to understand it. Right now, though, it makes it hard to catch the conference live. In fact, I don't even try. But even if it were more convenient, I have to admit I might not be too motivated to try to catch all the conference sessions live. Instead, I just download the sessions from lds.org and burn them to CD's so I can listen to them during my hour-long commute to work. It wasn't too long ago that people living in places like this were lucky to get one session of conference broadcast in their area, with no way to get any of the other sessions until the published report came out. I'm very grateful for the flexibility provided by modern technology.

3 comments:

Shellie said...

I love how you can just get online and read the talks the next day too, or listen to them in any language. There is a definite preponderance of firetrucks in your life lately. Nice none of them are hanging around you for fires.

4boyzmdmom said...

I hear you! Didn't get much out of watching the conference sessions live...just felt the spirit, but don't ask me what anybody talked about! I'm glad I can start listening to them online today. Love the pictures...keep them coming!

RAQ said...

Our kids love the photos, so keep them coming! I have definitely noticed a disadvantage to listening to conference this year while I am on Percacet, it's like trying to listen when your kids are around! My notes are funny read even now or maybe now since I'm still on it!